Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: WGN Xmtr. Maintenance Period

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: WGN Xmtr. Maintenance Period

> > Now here is an idea that Willis will appreciate. Remembering Tesla's
> > idea for a wireless power distribution system, could one set up an
> > antenna, tune it to the most powerful transmitter in your vicinity,
>> and make use of the received power in your home?
Yes, I do remember Tesla's 'maginfiying transmitter.' That is what he
(Tesla) called it.
He was able to light up light bulbs by transmitting the power through the
air. My tryied that and got it to work in 1947. I tryed it 1955 from my
dad's garage in Dallas. It worked!

>>Maybe the power companies are the real backers of IBOC
>> to prevent this from happening! That's my conspiracy theory.
The real reason the government is wanting everything in digital is to be
able to control every aspect of our lives. It is easier to do with digital
than analog. Analog signal will get lost in the electrical line noise. With
digital and filters it is easier to pick out a digital signal. That is what
BPL is to be used for. That is all I will say about that topic.

> I recall reading that, in the 1930's when WLW was running
> superpower, local residents would build resonant loops connected
> to small light bulbs to provide free outdoor night lighting.
> Maybe something on the order of a #47 bulb ( who among us can
> remember those. hi). I don't know the exact details.
I can remember #47 bulds. Also remember a number 47 vacuum tube.
Wasn't the #47 bulb used as a pilot litght in radios?

If anyone is iterested in going farther with topic, you might start with
this address
 http://www.cheniere.org/toc.html
There is a lot on the internet about it.

> Now that we have a business model that allows construction in
> near fields of existing stations, it may be possible to replicate
> this test. Here in Tampa, a new Target store (derisively referred to
> as "tar-zhay" by some,in a mock French accent) is being built on
> open ground within hailing distance of the WFLA 970/WHNZ 1250
> site along State Route 580, so there should be some stray RF
> floating around inside there.
Why bother with someone providing the power to you? If the station goes of
the air, you have no power.
Why not just use the magnetic field of the earth? If it ever quites, we are
all in trouble.
Tesla did this, and it worked.
Willis