Re: [IRCA] Rare DX on 1080

This is to Powell, Chris and Paul--

Paul-
You comment about WTIC having nothing to listen to is almost correct. When
conditions are good, I use them as a marker to the north. As for KRLD, I
with all the other stations would go off the air just so I can hear the home
station. KRLD needs to dominate the frequency so I can hear the Rangers.
Yes, I am aware KRLD goes directional at night. That should be changed.

Chris and Paul--
WKJK was never the pest here, until about a year ago, when they changed to
their present format. Before a year ago, they would weak or not there at
all. I also heard KRLD more often than I do now. Yes, I am aware that WKJK
is suppose to use 1 kw at night, but are they? The signal level I am now
hearing doesn't show that.

Another pest I am now hearing is WHOO in Orland, FL. Something has changed
and it isn't on my end. They are to change their pattern at night, but they
are usually their just strong enough to be a pest.

Another thing I wonder about is WPTF-680. As per their owner, I should not
be able to hear them at my QTH. Yes, I have talked to the owner of WPTF.
They have a GREAT call in talk show on Sunday nights I called in and to my
surprise it is the owner who plays DJ. Anyhow, the topic that night was old
TV shows from the 50's. We talked for about 20 minutes on the air! He was so
surprised that I could hear his station here in Tennessee as their night
pattern goes north and south, away from Tennessee. BUT I hear them every
night.
I believe that if I was to tap the guy wires, with a base ball bat, on their
antenna
it might quit.

Just my opinion.

Willis