[IRCA] clock radios that "DX"

There are some folks on the DX lists that think that
getting an out of town radio station on skywave is DX.
It's not and most of us know that. That's why, in my
little write up below, I call it "DX"

Most of us never think of clock radios as a DX radio.
 In this case I say DX as...well "DX". No, these 2
will
 not rival a R8B, or a R-390, but these 2 are
unusually
 sensitive and somewhat selective, but keeping a
decent
 sound. I am only mentioning the AM sections of these
2
 models. UNfortunately, neither Panasonic nor Sony
make
 anything like these models.

 Panasonic RC-97 from the early 80's. I had 3. My
 original one got too much internal damage from soot
 and one of the the radio would only work when you
held
 down the ON button. The alarm switch, was damaged by
 the soot from the fire. To the trashcan it went.   I
 got the other 2 at a thrift store at $5.00 each.

 Sony ICF-C730. Green digital clock display and analog
 tuning. I found this at a thrift store for a couple
 dollars.

 I also have a Panasonic RC-205. It's larger than the
 RC-97, and like the RC-97 can be mounted flush to a
 wall. If you do that, you had better not need to
 change the time on the alarm very often.  It has a
 better sound than the RC-97, however, this one has
 some places where it whistles. It's a bit wider than
 the RC-97 and that  is good and bad. It doesn't have
 date and dual alarms like the RC-97

 Powell