Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] WWRU-1660 Silent Period

--- Marc DeLorenzo <midcapemarc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Finally found the time to replay recordings of 1660 during WWRU's
> silent period on Friday the 13th.  I recorded a 15 minute period from
> :55 to :10 at the top-of-hour at 0000, 0100, 0200, and 0300 EDT.
> Noted WWRU off twice and heard nice IDs from WFNA-1660 "Where
> Charlotte comes for sports, 1660 AM WFNA" at 0002 and "...1660 AM
> WFNA Charlotte, CBS Radio's Sports Leader of the South" at 0100.
>
> WFNA was not new and was hoping for much-needed KQWB but a big thanks
> to CE Neal Newman for the heads-up!

*** For some reason WFNA was very strong that night. I never even heard
Michigan other than periodically noting a second ESPN in the mix which
was likely them. I did hear segments of classical music ( but of course
never an ID - I recorded in half-hour segments overlapping TOH & BOH ).
This was obviously Kansas City, but I'd prefer to have something more
than that, despite the fact that on 1660, there's really no question...

Since I do these by remote recording, set up hours earlier, I have no
way ( even though I've tried several orientations on several nights
with and without WWRU lately and can't seem to get any kind of a
reasonable null on WFNA.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]