Re: [IRCA] k m i k possibly testing iboc

Re: [IRCA] k m i k possibly testing iboc

> I'm not out to bust on anyone. All I want is for the station not to
> sound like pure treble. What would be EXTREMELY nice would be for
> them to run IBOC in stereo. I haven't called or sent email or even a
> letter.
>
> I don't care if it is Disney, its music on MW and if it is in stereo,
> then its all the better. I do hear that some stations will run IBOC
> in stereo even if it is in hybrid mode.
>
> Craig, I would appreciate it if you passed on my request for stereo
> at KMIK if they can run it.

It may well be that stereo would require a rewire of the place.  Not many AM
stations are wired through for stereo.  I can't think of any AM I've worked
for that could go stereo by simply flipping a switch.  Even one that was AM
Stereo back some years ago was since rewired for mono when it was redone.

I will pass on the comment about "pure treble".

Craig Healy
Providence, RI