Re: [IRCA] WCAB-590

Hi Charles-

Logging all of North Carolina counties is a noble task, but do-able.

I almost have all the counties of North Carolina logged. Also South Carolina
and Georgia and Alabama. I have all counties but one logged for Tennessee.

Here in Tennessee, I need Johnson county--
1390 WMCT MOUNTAIN CITY TN 1000 58 NDA  C&W
I have a semi-local on 1390 in Athens, TN and though they sign off at night,
they wait till exactly sunset to do it.

For NC, SC, and VA, I start in around 1530 EDT, listening for the east
coast. You would be surprised how the band sounds at that time. With sunset
not until 2030 or later (EDT) pre-sunset skip has helped me to log many
stations. There is a window of about an hour that the eastern NC stations
are in and before the western TN and AL, etc will cover them up.

Happy DX

Willis