[IRCA] k m i k possibly testing iboc

Hi all, I was listening on 1580, and heard a 1000 hertz tone behind
dominant k b l a, in Santa Monica, and about ten minutes after 1 this
morning, California time, the tone stopped, and radio disney came on,
but I noticed the fidelity wasn't as good, but couldn't hear any side
iboc hash on either side of 1580, so I'm guessing that k m i k is
testing iboc, and the reason why I say that is because I can hear kcvr
from lodi here from Oakland at 1570 in the day time, and the only
reason why I know they're iboc is because of their fidelity, but a
friend says that up close, there is definitely side hash, at least, in
the day time, so, could somebody in the Phoenix area monitor 1580, and
let us know what's up, because from here in Oakland, though the
fidelity of k m i k, when I heard it after they switched off the 1000
hertz tone is not as good as that station's tone quality usually is, it
is better than 1110 which is radio disney in Southern California, and
they're running iboc.

Marty