[IRCA] Honshu and Hokkaido bound

At 04:22 PM 4/7/2007 +0000, you wrote:

>Thanks, Charles (what happened to Charlie?  tangled up in antenna wire?)

Nick,

Sick nigh unto death of that name, Charlie. (Charles, Chuck, Chas: OK).

>We're coming down to the wire, so to speak, on our trip preparations;
>looking forward to snagging some of those off channel stations,  at
>least as an adjunct to more conventional travelling.

Gotta get our priorities right!

Be sure you monitor offsets, over there. I, for one, would like to see
a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong list!

>as we'll be mostly in northern
>Honshu and Hokkaido this time.

Lead technician (retired USAF) while I was at USMC Air Station Futenma,
Okinawa, was married to a Hokkaido gal. Got along very well w/his two
bothers-in-law. Told me of Hokkaido. Beautiful place.

Hope you enjoy your stay. I only got to Yokosuka and Sasebo. Sasebo is
in Nagasaki prefecture. US Navy has a ship repair facility there.
Japanese are supposed to be stand-offish toward round-eyes. Folks in
Sasebo were friendly.

>best wishes,
>
>Nick

Hachi-ju san,