Re: [IRCA] Long ago KNBA Vallejo.

Dennis,

Portland has quite a colorful history in radio. KVAN 1480 Vancouver was
another. That is a totally different story. hi. Busted by the FCC more
than about any station in history. Once they were operating in a tralier
and moved constantly to stay ahead of the FCC. Much like a pirate
station. Finally they lit at the North Portland Road location (where the
towers are now) with a untuned longwire antenna. You can imagine the
poor coverage the station had. I went out there with Bill Block in 1970
to get a QSL. I got one and the letterhead says "Owned and operated by
Catheran C.  Murphy"  She was quite the gal too. They could write a book
alone on the KVAN 1480 history.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin