Re: [IRCA] No AM IBOC in Hawaii!

I dxed from Hawaii (Kona and Hilo) for 2 weeks in 1996
and for me, Hawaii is the ultimate "American" DXpedition
locale.

I mean - picture this:
The sun sets... within an hour or so you can hear Tahiti on 738khz.
You can hear the Marshall Islands (1098khz)... Tonga on 1017.

By 11 PM local time Japan and Korea is starting to fade in...
between 1 and 3 AM the dial is full of Japanese, Chinese, Russian
and English from Australia and New Zealand.

Sunrise is a wall of signals from all of the above well into
SE Asia.
It seemed like a Utopia then -- without IBOC messing it all
up it sure is now too.

Cheers,

--
Colin Newell - Victoria B.C. Canada