Re: [IRCA] Radio Pinoy

At 12:56 PM 4/3/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>Nothing in particular.. I just like reading up on anything radio that
>happens to "catch my fancy"
>
>Paul

Paul,

Some tidbits:

Before Philippine Independence on 4 July 1946, all stations carried KZ--
callsigns. Current DZAS was KZAS. DZRH was KZRH. DWIZ-882 used to be
DZPI, which was KZPI. Old timer Filipinos still refer to Philippines
as "P.I" = Philippine Islands, thence the callsign KZPI/DZPI.

Before Okinawa reversion to Japan, FCC assigned them KS-- callsigns.

KSBK, KSAB, KSBU.

I believe KSBU was 1360. The high-powered Far East Broadcasting Co.
(non-denominational, religious, that operates DZAS-702), 250 kW or
so, near old VOA-1180.

I think KSBK became JOTF-1251. Don't know about KSAB.

73,

Charles

Charles A Taylor, WD4INP
Greenville, North Carolina