Re: [IRCA] USA 1670kHz (Questions)

Barry:

This is an experimental station operated by iBiquity, the company which
is promoting IBOC.  They have run irregular tests of IBOC on it for
about 3 years and I believe was the first station to run IBOC in MW.
They were originally licensed to operate on 650 kHz but as far as I know
never used this frequency, at least not heard by me. The calls use a
similar pattern to USA ham calls. But the X in the first position in the
last three letters is give-away and signifies that this is an
experimental station. The following URL is a clip that I recorded almost
three years ago - http://bill.dxclipjoint.com/01670-20040503-1758-wd2xxm.mp3

Bill Harms
Elkridge, Maryland