[IRCA] Somewhat OT but still radio related

To everyone on the list-
The FCC is not the only ones wanting to see everyone pay for a
subscription for a satellite service. I run a very small internet based
radio station that broadcasts thru Live365 in California. Live365 sent
news to all station owners/managers  that the "Copyright Royalty Board"
has decided to implement new measures for royalties for the 2006-2010
period, demanding another $5 MILLION dollars per year from Live365. Even
though I am long time dyed in the wool DXer, I love the ability to have
a web based radio station; we make not 1 cent off anything in fact, all
music that has to be purchased is done so legally. Yet more $ is to be
yanked out of decent hard working tax payers.
This is going to impact other services on line be it AOL, Yahoo, etc.
Hold onto your wallets. If you wish to read more about what is going on,
I invite you to go to www.radioscooterinternational.com and be sure to
read the "station news"

73s,

Bill Bergadano
KA2EMZ
Station Manager/Owner,
Radio Scooter International

E-mail message checked by PC Tools Spyware Doctor (5.0.0.172)
Database version: 5.06860
http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/