[IRCA] Crystal filters vs Mechanical Filters

[IRCA] Crystal filters vs Mechanical Filters

Greetings:

I have heard that unless a receiver has 455 kHz I.F.s, getting
mechanical filters are pretty much out, as they do not make them for
other I.F. frequencies. I guess Crystal filters are more available for
different frequencies. In checking the specs on the SPR4, I find the 1st
IF is a Crystal filter (2.4 khz)at 5645 khz and the second IF is 50 khz
(L/C), much like the R8 that has the L/C filters.
   My old Hammarlund SP-600 had crystal filters, but also had crystal
phasing, which I wish the SPR4 had. The Notch works well, but with
Crystal phasing it would be nicer. Could crystal phasing be added to the
SPR4? Would it be easy to add? Anyone know?

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager