Re: [IRCA] Fwd: re:alaskans

Since I put up the WNW EWE, Alaska has become as common as Hawaii for
me. I wish I would have put in the WNW EWE before! The reason I never
thought about it, was I fiqured how broad the pattern was with the EWE,
the SW one I have had since 1981, got a lot of Northern Asians, so I
thought, a NW one would not do me much good. Boy, was I wrong.  Besides
the increase in Northern Asians like Korea 1305, Alaskans are now
common,. where they never used to be. I always heard them living so
close, but except for KTKN 930 that I hear year around anyway at 750
miles, the others were not all that common. Some are getting like pests.
hi.
Plus I have logged a lot I have not heard before like KZPA-900-Ft.
Yukon, KSKO-870-McGrath, and several call changes on others. KBRW 680
still eludes me for the ID. KNBR is just too strong to phase it out
completely. So this Spring, I plan to raise the WNW EWE from 22 feet to
35 or so feet and hopefully it will capture more signal from the
North/Northwest. But who knows, I may also get KNBR stronger too. hi.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager