Re: [IRCA] A idea for future DX Tests.....Any Sonar Techs Aboard?

Re: [IRCA] A idea for future DX Tests.....Any Sonar Techs Aboard?

    Once again, Charlie-san makes a discovery. Do we have any Sonar
Techs out there in DX-land? Going back MANY years, during in-processing
at Navy boot camp, we were tested for conversion to sonar techs. Why? I
haven't the slightest idea. Apparently, a few of us scored high enough
as they promised us "the world" if we would convert. I stuck with my
promised Corpsman rating.

    Point is, whether high frequency or low frequency, a sonar's ping is
distinct and does carry a fair distance. If that technology could be
utilized in conjunction with what the techs on this list know, it might
be a help.

    Very 73 de Mike...One who could not grasp the basic concept/use of
Total Recorder