Re: [IRCA] Spanish Sermon on 650

A possibility for the Spanish sermon on 650 is XERCG, Ciudad Acuña, Coahuila, which has become "La Nueva Radio" with a religious format. On the way to the Sun Bowl football game (I'm an Oregon State fan), I spent a night in Del Río, taping air checks. XERCG, announcing 5,000 watts, aired various religious blocks ... I did tape a couple of IDs off the car radio but in the motel, the hour-long tape I ran on XERCG, late at night, involved segued contemporary Christian music in Spanish, with no TOH or BOH ID. The night I was in Del Río, XERCG continued past midnight and was on before 6 a.m., so 'tis likely 24 hours. XERCG is owned by the same family that has XEKD-1010 and another Acuña station, but XEAE-1600, also listed as a Gonzalez operation, has been silent everytime I've been in that part of the state.

John Callarman, KA9SPA, Family Genealogist, Retired Newspaper Editor, DX-oyente, Krum TX (AKA Qal R. Mann, Krumudgeon)