Re: [IRCA] Here it Comes....FCC To Release IBOC Rules Next Week

--- Bob Young <youngbob53@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I certainly hope you're right Parick, and hey, there's always ham
> radio.
> That isn't going digital anytime soon although a few hams are
> experimenting
> way up high with a mode of digital, not a good sign, me thinks.

Hams have been doing that for quite a while. They are a smallish
number, but I wouldn't be inclined to see that in the same way. They
are indeed experimenting - which is what amateur radio has always been
partially about - and they're doing so by choice. The FCC has and may
yet reduce the number and size of ham bands due to relatively light
use, but there's insufficient big money to be made for trying to force
all hamming to digital.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]