[IRCA] R-390A's

Dennis,

Not too long, you have to switch to the 1000-2000 KHz band when you get to
1000 KHz on the 500-1000 Khz band and start over. I usually then tune down
to 1710 and start there, they are definitely more work than a new SS radio
though, but to my mind infinitely more satisfying, boatanchors are addicting
though, watch out! A few of other real nice ones are Hammarlund SP-600's
which are also very nice and most of the other better Hammarlunds, HQ-129,
140, 150 160 etc,. Also a 390 is really nice of which I'm on my way today to
look at one which I'm sure will follow me home. A 388 is also very nice for
BCB Dxing.
Check out the 390 list, they sell those and 390's there and usually much
cheaper than epay,

Bob Young,
Millbury, Ma
KB1OKL