Re: [IRCA] Here it Comes....FCC To Release IBOC Rules Next Week

Re: [IRCA] Here it Comes....FCC To Release IBOC Rules Next Week

Kevin,

It all comes down to money. The big boys have the money, so they have
the clout.
The only thing the industry knows is sink or swim. If IBOC is a reality
24/7 and everyone buys the radios and they make tons of money for all of
their shareholders, it is a success. On the otherhand if IBOC fails to
sell radios and no one cares to listen, it will go away. No matter how
much money they have wrapped up in it. It is the bottomline. That is all
that counts.
I am not a betting person, but if I was, my bet would be on the failure
as people are not standing in line to buy the radios and they are going
to be. They aren't standing in line to buy HDTV and that is even more
successful, but still a long way to go.  But IBOC is not going to go
quietly. If odopted 24/7, it will be here for a while as the powers that
be are going to try to shove it down our throats one way or another. But
people have so many places to get audio entertainment these days. Radio
is not high on the list of many.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin