Re: [IRCA] Re WMEX 1510 Boston

 From what I understand, the station sends most of its signal out into
the Atlantic, especially at night when it doesn't cover the Boston area
all that well.  It's one of the more commonly heard TA catches for DXers
in Britain and Scandinavia.  So it's no surprise that WMEX was
listenable in Saint John.

I managed to hear WMEX on an equipment test in 1973.  Judging from the
strength, they must've been using their day pattern/power at the time,
as the night pattern has a deep null in this direction.  I've posted a
clip of it at http://www.qsl.net/n7ecj/WMEX.rm - if nothing else, it's a
reminder of how coast-to-coast DX once was.

Bruce Portzer
Seattle