Re: [IRCA] Leonard Lockwood and Gene Allen

Re: [IRCA] Leonard Lockwood and Gene Allen

I posted a number of pictures of DX'ers, mostly from the '50s, '60s and '70s, on the NRC website a couple of years ago. http://www.nrcdxas.org/<http://www.nrcdxas.org/> Click articles/pix/media then photographs, scroll down a great number of historical type pictures and you'll find a shot of Bill Block and Leonard Lockwood that I took at the NRC convention in Eugene Or in 1967.

There are pix of Erickson, Kaskey, Nelson, Schatz and many more of the people we've been talking about here that laid the groundwork for the hobby as we know it today. We taught, by the way, respect for personnel in broadcasting, as some of us were. In fact, in most instances, it was DX'ing that enticed us to enter the broadcasting field.

There's at least one picture of Gene Allen at the Eugene convention among that collection.

John Callarman, KA9SPA, Family Genealogist, Retired Newspaper Editor, DX-oyente, Krum TX (AKA Qal R. Mann, Krumudgeon)