[IRCA] Getting us back on the track?

At 03:41 PM 3/9/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear IRCA,
>
>As an outsider, it would be AWESOME to read here some "DX" (emphasised)
>postings, rather than the hundreds of useless commentary, grunts and
>unnessary body sounds.  Perhaps just me, but it's no wonder QSLing has
>declined over the years... someone should re-evaulate the hobby and
>perhaps (again just me) take a good look at these IRCA mailings - perhaps
>adding an "OT" at the start of the subject line (allowing moi to quickly
>discard such garb - I do have a life!)  If I were in the radio business...
>and received these mailings... I'd run like hell !  (Save yourself
>man!!!)  In the hundreds, even thousand mailings received over such a
>short period of time - there is very little DX... thanks to those who
>value the hobby and have only professional things to add.
>
>And as was mentioned in a previous posting, if this posting is indeed
>distributed to station "professionals", I would enjoy receiving and value
>their comments - sent directly to me.
>
>73s (a "DX" term - remember that?),
>Konnie
>S CT
>
>____

Konnie,

Thought over what you said, and you have a point. We maybe could have cut
the discussion about DXers of days past, but I think we have a topic that
transcends the mundaneness of DX.

What we have here is a discussion of some BIG guys who made some real
contributions to the NRC and IRCA. Some brethern who have gone Silent Key,
as the hams say, and who are with us no longer. My heart grieves over some
of these. Donald Erickson to name one!

It seems that we need to start a GENEALOGY of DXers, and put together bios
that will go into the reprint list and onto the IRCA website.

One of the strangest of us was C. M. Stanbury II.  Then there was the
little-discussed Ronald F. Schatz. Ron died of a heart attack, and thus
departed one of my greatest friends ever.

Ray B. Edge, Ernest R. Cooper, Maurice Nittler. I would have liked to know
about Hal Wagner and Carroll Seth, But their passing was right at the time
when NRC club membership was new and DXN worth more than any newspaper to me.

And who did the WEYRICH LOG?

Will full bios ever get committed to paper or bytes?

73,

Charles

        -----
Charles A Taylor, WD4INP