Re: [IRCA] (was: New MW QSL) Ernest R. Cooper?

Re: [IRCA] (was: New MW QSL) Ernest R. Cooper?

> Ernie grew up in his parents' home at 438 East 26th Street
>(correct me if I'm wrong on the street number, Bob Foxworth)
>in Brooklyn, within a couple of blocks of the Courtleyou subway
>station.

My recollection is 438 East 21 and the U-bahn stop was
Cortelyou. It was one of those brownstone deals where
the front door was close to sidewalk level but there were
steps involved and I think the interior ground floor was a
few feet _below_ grade, and the whole structure was
several stories high. Makes you wonder how any DX signals
ever got in there. They had of course just the one floor.

Not sure what line Cortelyou was on, maybe the D. It was
a local and took seemingly forever to get there and back.

OT - just discovered a while ago I just missed being
able to see the Atlas-5 launch from the Cape which
occurred, after some delays, at 2210 local and was visible
in Tampa, bcz I didn't check my email sooner.

- Bob