Re: [IRCA] Censoring ourselves (was KXEL, etc. etc., etc.)

Re: [IRCA] Censoring ourselves (was KXEL, etc. etc., etc.)

With thanks to Kevin, I don't think it has anything to do with my ability.
In fact,
members have scheduled more DX tests than I have. Paul Walker must have
arranged a half dozen or more by himself.

What is different is the approach. And a big part of that involves having
good relationships with broadcasters. In fact, it depends on it...which is
why
I'm sensitive to these issues.

My point is that in a real sense if you've ever logged a new station because
of
a DX test, then you "asked for something". Maybe not directly, but the fact
is
that logging depends on the relationship and negative postings harm that.
Period.

As Patrick put it, is it really worth it just so someone can vent their
opinion
about how a station operates? I certainly don't think so.

As a business owner, I can tell you, it always looks easy to figure out from
the
cheap seats or behind a consultants desk. If you want to impress me, buy
your
own station and show us how it should be done.

Les Rayburn, director
High Noon Film
100 Centerview Drive Suite 111
Birmingham, AL 35216