Re: [IRCA] Daylight Shifting Time

> Two of my directional clients will be OK.  One has a system that runs
> under DOS and never changes to daylight time.  Stays standard time all year
> round, with the correct time programmed in.

*** One has to wonder, for those stations using PC control, why more
don't do this ? Seems to me that there's a way to disable the DST
conversion in the settings in Win-doze.

It works if the computer isn't used for anything else.  Otherwise it's an hour off much of the year.  I really have two dedicated computers, so if a patch wasn't available, I could lock it to EST.

The other stations in my roster are manually changed, so the clock isn't an issue as long as their watch is OK.  (grin)

There was one station I had that used an industrial timer.  On that you could program when daylight time started and ended.  For convenience, I set DST to start April 1st and end October 31st.  I probably could have simply ignored DST altogether on that, and keep the switch times all in EST.  Oh well.

However, I will be looking for badly timed stations this weekend.

<humor>
Then I can publicly gripe and irritate the heck out of them.
</humor>

Craig Healy
Providence, RI