Re: [IRCA] "AM 6-60 The Voice WDLT Fairhope-Mobile"

At 02:58 07/03/2007, you wrote:
>Unless you are a qualified engineer with a calibrated Field Intensity
>Meter(Of which, i doub't you are.. and i doubt you have an FIM)..
>your claim of  "I
>don't think they're only running 850 watts" can't be proven.
>
>Without the proof to substantiate claims like this, you shouldn't make them
>in the first place/ Being accusatory to stations will hurt all of us
>DX'ers in
>  the long run!

Actually I thought that one of the delights of medium wave DXing was
receiving stations that seem unnaturally strong because of
propagation.   This morning I was fortunate enough to hear a couple
of 10 kw stations from Japan when one of the main stations on that
network was pretty much inaudible in spite of 300kw of power.  So,
were the 10 kw stations suddenly "cheating"?  Of course not; unusual
propagation was the cause.   Perhaps only someone within a station's
service area can have a really clear idea of what relative power a
station is running.

Otherwise, it could just be the DX gods favoring you.

best wishes,

Nick