Re: [IRCA] MN TPs 0945-1030 UTC 3/2

At 19:42 02/03/2007, you wrote:
>I had audio on 765 for sure @ 0945. I *might* have had audio on
>1116, too much splash.
>
>   Good carriers on 756 & 774. Weaker carriers on 729 837 882 1017
> 1035 1098 1179 & 1215. I can't remember if nothing on 738 or just
> forgot to write it down. Is one station more likely than another on
> these frequencies? Was wondering if these are all or mostly South Pacific?

Those frequencies sure look "down under", George.  756, 837, 882,
1035, 1098 could all be New Zealand, as could 765, though that's an
odd one to be strongest, judging by how it's heard here compared with
others.   1017 might have been Tonga. 729 has a 50 kw Australian, as
does 774; 1116 is usually Australian if conditions favor that
direction (837 also has a Queensland station, so maybe that wasn't
NZ).  Look out for 612,  891 and 1548 if you don't have too much
interference on those channels.

  Neither 1179 nor 1215  have strong "down under" stations on them,
however....don't think I've heard NZ or Australia on those at home,
though they are possible on the coast.    It sounds a bit late for
"left over" TA signals on those channels, though.

>   Thanks in advance for any answers. The reason I'm asking so many
> questions is I'm rarely up this late & I misplaced my WRTH about a
> month ago & haven't seen it since. Receptions on Eton E1 & 8"
> Quantum loop. 73, George S., MN

You sound like a good prospect for Bruce Portzer's fine Pacific Asian
Log!   http://www.radioheritage.net/PAL_search.asp

check "Download the Database" and "medium wave"

No DXing household should be without one  (or the European Medium
Wave Guide either)

best wishes,

Nick