[IRCA] Fw: FCC errors on some PSRAs

Forwarded from RT.   2314 est

Say Paul Walker in SC, didn't this apply to you
with your multiple times listed for PSSA in a
recent posting?

Since you have apparently dropped off all the BC lists, you
might not have seen this.

Computer Error. Ha Ha. Some say the problem lies
between the chair and the keyboard, when computer error is
claimed, especially in Washington..

HTH,

- Bob

> I hope that's the case, because the PSRA for one of my stations
dropped from
> 500 watts to 12 watts  :O
>
> I just saw this over on the CRTECH listserve:
>
>  We just got word back from the FCC that says, in part:
>
>  "We have discovered a few 'bugs' in our mass PSRA/PSSA recalculation,
which
> we are in the process of investigating. This process should not have
> resulted in drastic power reductions for any station, with the
exception of
> PSRA operation in the month of March under advanced time."
>
>  They added our station to the list of those needing recalculation.
>
> If you received new PSRA & PSSA authorizations that drastically cut
your
> power levels, it is apparently a mistake & you should call the FCC.

> > I've spoken with Norm Miller at the FCC in Washington about errors
on my
> > PSRA.  Norm indicated there were some computer errors made, if and
only
> > if,
> > you have 2 times/power levels listed on your PSRA.  If you only have
one
> > time listed per month, you're OK.
> >
> > All those PSRAs with 2 times listed, per month, will have to be
re-run due
> > to the computer error.  Norm indicated they will try to get them
done
> > before
> > Friday 03/09/07.  According to Norm you will have to go back and
check
> > your
> > "View Correspondence Folder" to look for an updated PSRA.

---