Re: [IRCA] LAME WAV to MP3 conversion

--- Charles A Taylor <MWDXer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> At 04:15 PM 3/1/2007 -0500, you wrote:
> >Download goldwave from _www.goldwave.com_ (http://www.goldwave.com)
> grab the
> >LMAE mp3  encoder(that's what its called)... it's all free.
>
> Downloaded LAME zip file, unzipped it, and gave it a try. It wants to
> be
> put on the command line.
>
> Example: ">lame -f Okinawa Bandscan.wav Okinawa Bandscan.mp3."

The LAME encoder should be a .dll file, which needs to be configured in
the appropriate place in the recoding software, presuming that your
software will accomodate it. The LAME encoder, AFAIK, isn't something
you can use independently. I have it referenced in Total Recorder for
this purpose.

Total Recorder is only $12 for the Standard version, which is what I
have. Good software, good support. Go to www.highcriteria.com. They
also have a link to download the .dll file.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id