Re: [IRCA] VOA Poro

Patrick,,

As I stated years ago, there is a ridge of mountains that extend up the
east coast of Luzon Island. These block low-angle takeoff skywave, and
this is why one doesn't hear the Metro-Manila stations as commonly as
one would expect.

It works the other way. They block low-angle skywave from the east
(west-bound TPs).

In all my three years of listening from the Philippines, I never heard a NA
TP. I only heard (then) KPMC-1560 Bakersfield and KDAY-1580 Santa
Monica from Oki.

I did hear the three Guam AMs, both from RP and Okinawa.

DYLA is in a class all its own. Where we lived, in the Province of
Sorsogon (at the very southern tip of Luzon Island), DYLA was always
in during the daylight hours via skywave. Gangbusters.

73,

Charles

At 09:28 AM 2/22/2007 -0800, you wrote:
>Charlie,
>
>San Fernando is located on the West Coast of Luzon, and separated by
>mountains from here. That is probably another reason VOA is not reported
>often. Most of the Filipinos I have heard are either a water path (the
>inlands through the center) or a station on the East side.
>There are a few exceptions but not many.
>
>73,
>
>Patrick
>
>Patrick Martin
>KAVT Reception Manager