Re: [IRCA] VOA Poro

At 10:49 PM 2/21/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>     Ifn my brain-housing group recollects my drive-by correctly
>(couldn't get the danged bus driver to stop), Poro is in the mountains
>and a valley of sorts --  little help here, Charlie-san. Would suspect
>the antenna is "aimed" out through the valley. Could be wrong and, if
>so, I'm certain Charlie-san will set me straight.
>
>     Mike
>
>Patrick Martin wrote:
> > Bill,
> >
> > VOA Poro 1143 is rare here. Here is a list of the Filipino QSLs:

MIKE:

Wrong. If the VOA station were named properly, it would be call
"San Fernando Transmitting Station."

That is San Fernando, La Union (province). On Lingayen Gulf.
Not far from Baguio.

Right on the seacoast.

Used to be on Wallace US Air Force Air Station; a minor
radar site. Wallace reverted to RP.

US Gum'mint is peculiar like that. If Tinang VOA were properly
named, it would be "La Concepcion" (Tarlac province)

If the old San Miguel Naval Communications Stations were
named correctly, it would be "San Antonio" (Zambales province).

US Gum'mint got it right in naming the two Greenville transmitting
plants. Otherwise they would be called "Beargrass" [Plant A]
and "Black Jack" [Plant B].

By the way, Plant A is closed down.

Cha-Ri Tei-Ro-Ru - san

        -----