[IRCA] Early a.m. try 2/21

1210  KGYN  OK  Guymon...atop which was very surprising from 0020-0032
tune out 2/21 with rock music & ID 'High Plains Proud-KGYN' at 0030.
Checked my records and appears to be the first time I've heard them
since Feb 1984 (at the start of the onslaught of western stations
popping up on 1210).  Mike Hawkins down in the San Jose area hears them
frequently but I haven't.  Tried & tried but until last night had no
success.

Probably has something to do with the fact that KZTS Sunnyside WA has
vacated the frequency and moved back to 1230.  KZTS was the normal
dominant at night altho QRM was usually fierce.  It should be an
interesting story as to why KZTS moved back to a graveyard frequency
after 20 some years on 1210.......

Logs showed that I was hearing Philadelphia (WCAU) thru 4 or 5 of the
western additions up to about 1984/1985 and then no more.  Too bad!

Nothing else exciting noted on upper band.  South seemed to predominate.

Don K.
S.F. CA