Re: [IRCA] TV noise question

Patrick,

  If your Toshiba has a tube, I would expect noise, mostly the horizontal oscillator at 15.775 KHz.  If its a projection unit, I wouldn't expect anything.  I keep reading about DUs, so maybe its time to take Mr. Grundig out into the backyard for a bit of listening.  I hope I don't inspire the skunks.

  Mike

Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Mike,

All of my satellite equipt. does generate noise if you get close to it
with a portable, but stemp back 6 feet and the noise is gone. I am
surprised this big pix tube on my new Toshiba is not noisier. I expected
it to put out a lot of racket, as some new sets do.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager