Re: [IRCA] Wobbler on 1100

Bill,

A Wobbler, when heard in its more energetic form sounds like a shaken
sheet of metal.

They appear to originate on Cuban AM broadcast stations and when
strong can be heard interfering with other stations on the same
channel, at times even usually dominate ones.

It is not believed they are jamming, but rather the result of
deteriorating and malfunctioning transmitters, possibly helped along
with an unstable power grid.

When you have a spare moment, you can get a notion of the Wobbler at
the web site; link in my signature.

Curt
-------
W. Curt Deegan