[IRCA] South Carolina AM Radio Station to Debut a Classic Rock SHow

[IRCA] South Carolina AM Radio Station to Debut a Classic Rock SHow

Great Rock Music is coming to Abbeville, South Carolina to the airwaves of
the areas first local radio station WABV, AM 1590!
The station which turned 50 years old last fall is to broadcast programming
from Pipeline Radio – based in the United Kingdom but featuring some world
class  presenters who broadcast from studios all over the globe.
Pipeline Radio has been broadcasting for over a decade and is currently heard
 across Northern Europe. Now listeners in Abbeville and South Carolina will
be  able to hear this popular format which features presenters like Justin
Case, Tom  Mckenzie and US radio veteran Richard Fisher.
Pipelines Programme Director, Jonathan Dean, said 'We are really looking
forward to broadcasting in the US for the first time, our stations in Europe are
incredibly popular and we hope to provide top class entertainment to the
people  of Abbeville, South Carolina via WABV'.
Managing Director of Pipeline Radio, James Riise, is equally enthusiastic
hailing the broadcasts 'a fantastic opportunity to bring tailor made programming
 to the Abbeville South Carolina  area, mixed with a popular rock music
format'.
"This is a heritage radio station that's trying to live out it's mission as a
 voice not only for the local community but as a means of presenting new
ideas  & programming coming from esteemed broadcasters in the United States and
abroad. Rebuilding a radio station is somewhat akin to restoring that old car
you had in your backyard for 20 years. it's not going to be easy or very
pretty  in the beginning, but as we move along here at WABV, we are doing
everything to  improve ourselves on a daily basis. It is our goal to be a source of
pride for  the community and a station that everyone listens to", says Paul B.
Walker, Jr..  Operations Manager and Program Director for WABV-AM 1590 (Or as
Tom Mckenzie  called me, "The Captain")
You can hear Pipeline Radio USA on WABV, 1590 AM every Sunday from 10am to 12
 noon!!! Check out WABV's website at _www.wabv1590.com_
(http://www.wabv1590.com/)  and Pipeline  Radio at _www.pipelineradio.org_
(http://www.pipelineradio.org/) !