[IRCA] KCKK / 1510 update

You may recall that KCKK has been on reduced power and ND for several
weeks while the new transmitter site was under construction. As of
Wednesday, KCKK is back to "normal" power and pattern (9.5 kw day and 19
kw night) from the new transmitter site 23 miles north of the previous
site. The proof of performance measurements began Thursday. The proof
measurements on day power / pattern, night power / pattern, and
non-directional (to establish a baseline) will be conducted during the
day over the next few weeks. When the proofs are completed the power
will increase to 10 kw day and 25 kw night which has already received
FCC approval. After that watch for an application to increase day power
to 25 kw. By the way, KCKK uses Kahn Powerside. The format is presently
ABC Real Country with some sports (Air Force Falcons basketball,
Colorado 14ers basketball, etc).

In addition to my duties with NRC I'm now working as a sub-contractor to
the consulting engineer helping with the field strength measurements.

Patrick Griffith, Westminster CO
SBE Certified Broadcast Technologist
NRC Broadcasting - Denver
http://community.webtv.net/N0NNK/