Re: [IRCA] Spanish on 540 KHz

There are several possibilities, so you'll need to give more details about
the programming before anyone can guess what you might have had.  XETX gets
out well with ranchera, XEHS gets out well with (last I heard) nortena, and
XEWA used to get out well.

That reminds me... on the general subject of UNIDs (and not referring to
Bill K's e-mail)... Lately I've noticed a lot of people on the list servers
jumping to conclusions about what they've heard.... "I heard (some major
network or program, or just a language) on (some frequency) and (some web
site which may be out of date) says (some station) is the only possibility,
so I'm adding it to my totals."   I can see doing that if the evidence is
compelling.  If you hear something like "New Mexico's only all-polka
station" on 770 kHz, it's a fairly safe bet you're hearing a (strange!) new
format for KKOB.... but Art Bell on a graveyard channel?  Methinks not.
Several times this winter I heard jazz (as opposed to NOS/BBD) just before
sunset on 1410 which "has" to be needed KRML, but no ID, no local ads, and
they're no longer //KKJZ-88.1 so I just don't have enough evidence to add
them to my totals yet.  Food for thought...

73, Tim