Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] IBOC DX!

Bob,

IBOC radio is not going anywhere. The same is true everywhere. I have a
lot on non DXer friends, reatives, etc and I have asked them about HD
Radio. I call it that as they would not have clue about IBOC.  Even HD
Radio, 99% of them never heard or it, nor do they care. All of the added
noise is just turning people away from radio period, especially AM. A
friend in LA says he used to listen to talk radio more but  across the
dial, there is wall to wall
noise now, so he listens to talk on the internet. I tried to find out
what kind of noise he was referring to, the hash from IBOC or what, but
to him, it is all noise, but I got the idea that a lot of the noise he
hears it all over LA, not just at home and it has gotten worse the past
couple of years, so it points at least partly to the IBOC hash.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager