Re: [IRCA] (OT) High Speed internet update

Re: [IRCA] (OT) High Speed internet update

Patrick
          Have you checked the neighbors speed ?
I had lots of of trouble when I moved here 4 yrs ago with intermitant
line noise. Even when I had a "quiet" line 28.8 was reason
for a big party. Finaly they rerouted my line through some newer
stuff adding 2  ( abt 7 mi total ) miles to the exchange BUT I now get
45-50K
always. Doubling the speed makes a big differance.
           Also try a twisted pair directly to the outside box with
everything else
unhooked & see if that helps.
           Bottom line is if you hear ANY noises ever work with the
phone co to clean things up. It took abt 8 visits but it paid off.
73
Tom Jones
Mason N.H.