[IRCA] Dialup speeds

If you get okayish but not great dialup speeds, you can also try MPPP
connections to the web.

Basically Windows will allow you to connect a second modem and phone line, you
then dial into your ISP on *both* lines and Windows will tie the two lines
together and make them into one pipe with the combined bandwidth.

Your ISP has to support it as well, of course. They usually do.

I used it for a while at my location (Goatbum, NH) out in the boonies, but
eventually I switched to WildBlue satellite service - the phone lines, even two
of them, were just too bad to be usable for data. The humorous thing is that I'm
all of about 4 miles from the local exchange and they still haven't gotten off
their cellulite-laden *sses to provide xDSL out here....

Lee