[IRCA] (OT) High Speed internet update

Greetings,

You can't say I haven't tried. I called Qwest this morning to make sure
DSL is not available out here. It isn't. I then called Charter Cable and
yes High Speed internet is available out here, for the 3 meg/sec charge
is a promotion for only the first three months ($19.99). After that (Are
you sitting down?) it is $53.99 a month! It would be less if I had their
TV cable service ($10 less a month) and if I lived in town. The further
out you are, the more they charge. Satellite internet is $60 a month
plus $300 to get it set up. I will stay with the 26.4 I guess. Those
prices are too expensive for me. Living out of town has benefits for
DXing, but some other things you are out of luck on.

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager