[IRCA] Anchors Aweigh on 690: Help is needed.

At 01:22 AM 2/10/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>Could use some help with an unID.
>At 0059 EST I head the following on 690.
>
>".....comes to the end of our broadcast day." Then into the navy song
>'Anchors away'
>Then sign off. If I had been paying attention I would have gotten the call.
>Any ideas?
>Thanks
>Willis
>Old Fort, TN

Willis The Monk,

Possible this is WOKV saluting the many Navy personnel at the Naval Air
Stations
in the JAX area. That's the only logical conclusion I can come to at the
moment.

Could be a station owned by a retired Navy feller.

The hymn is "Anchors Aweigh."

When a ship "weighs anchor," it raises anchor in preparation for getting
underway.

73 de Charles

        -----
Charles A Taylor, WD4INP