[IRCA] Skywave-groundwave

Charles,

The stations from Redding and Bakersfield were heard during the day, I should have mentioned that. Your explanation of the nighttime skywave signal making the ground wave signal appear weaker makes sense.  It would be hard to hear the Bakersfield station at night, also other stations on the frequency (KOAC) would be coming in on the nighttime skywave.  Thanks for explaining.

Robins are all around the Portland area.  Cool how they run on the lawns, stop and listen, then pull down a nice large earthworm.  More Robins this year than the 3 previous years that I have lived in the NW.  Now off to ride the bike, then watch the jockeys ride the horses at the track.

Dennis,
Vancouver, WA