[IRCA] Power vs tower

Is it true that lower freq daytime signals travel
further than higher ones since stations on the lower
end seem to come in stronger than ones at the top with
the same power from the same location,(disrgarding
signal direction),because the wave length is longer on
the lower freqs? Also I thought that stations on lower
channels used higher towers,while shorter towers were
used by stations radiating shorter waves,but I see
that does not always apply in every case. Bill in Vic.