Re: [IRCA] Celsius - was - CFRB-1010

At 18:42 02/02/2007, you wrote:
>I'm waiting to see the clock and calendar converted to metric.  That
>would be very entertaining!

Back when Canada was converting to various metric measurements, the
date for making the change tended to be April 1st if I remember
correctly.  Other government decrees often tend to be implemented on
that date also.  This has been cited as evidence by some that civil
servants have a sense of humo(u)r, if somewhat twisted, but it
probably has more to do with the start of a new fiscal year.

One year during the metric changeovers, a Victoria radio station
(CKDA I think?, now defunct) announced on April 1st, that Canada had
switched to metric time.  The clogged switchboard was probably a
delight to behold, and if there had been any really smart people in
town at the time, they probably could have made a killing selling
metric clocks, at least until noon that day.

So, what would a metric clock look like?  Do I detect an off topic
thread starting?  Sorry Lynn and Patrick, it WAS a radio station that
started it.

best wishes,

Nick