[IRCA] NE Oregon TPs, Jan 31

With the high solar activity noted last night I was surprised to find strong
hets on almost every channel from low MW to about 1400 kHz this morning,
with several strong hets above that. I turned the radio on at 1443 utc, and
had poor audio immediately, suggesting I should have waked up a little
earlier. But the best I had was poor audio on 531, 558, 639, 828, 1134,
1179, 1206 from 1445-1505 utc. Far East Russian LWBC's were weak to medium
on 153, 189, 279. 1503 and 1566 had big hets but no audio each time I
checked. These were all Asian, judging from being heard both on the E/W wire
and NW/SE loop.
Afterwards a weak het on 1116 was noted only on the E/W wire and I sat on
that freq. Eventually presumed 4BC faded up several times with poor audio,
at 1541 and 1601 utc.
PNG beacons were good this morning--the first time I've heard them in weeks.
1725 GA and 1737 KUT at weak to medium levels the several checks I made,
1509-1524 utc.
Steve
NE Oregon
R75, E/W longwire, ALA100 100' NW/SE loop