Re: [IRCA] Total Recorder Upgrade

Russ Edmunds wrote:
> --- Mike Hardester <2Lakota@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> 	I had Total Recorder installed, but aside from never working
>> properly (or at all), it zapped all sound from the speakers.
>> Uninstalled it,
>> and the speakers work fine. Guess it was just too technical for this
>> old
>> swabby.
>>

> *** I've been using it for 4 years and never had that problem. If your
> speakers are plugged into the output from the sound card, and you're
> also using the sound card as a record source, that should work.
>
> One key is to go into TR and select the "Mixers" button and make sure
> that the settings for "Playback" are neither muted nor turner way down.
>

> Russ Edmunds

In TR, go to "Mixer" then Options -> Properties; on my setup for
Playback and Recording the Mixer Device is "Mixer through Total
Recorder" and it plays fine.

My Master Volume and Wave mute boxes are not checked, but my Line In
mute is checked (this prevents hearing the radio connected to Line In
through the speakers when not recording.)

If you want to diagnose it further let me know what your settings look
like. As with Russ, I've used it for years and it's definitely worth
setting up,

Brett Saylor