Re: [IRCA] new bill may impact media

--- "W. Curt Deegan" <WWWR@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Many politicians would no doubt love it if everyone quit paying
> attention to them.  Personally, I'm willing to invest a little time
> to know what mindless scam is currently in the political works.  Some
>
> of that information comes from AM radio in the form of talk
> programming.
>
> At least for now it is a matter of personal choice, listen or not,
> pick and choose.  It becomes scary when someone begins to decide what
>
> should and shouldn't be, for everyone else.  That isn't fairness by
> any but the most bizarre and self-serving definition.

What this Congressman misses, which you pointed out earlier, is that
Liberal talk radio has been tried and is far from a success. The
reasons don't matter, but the market has spoken. But both sides believe
that fairness is only such that their side is heard.

Personally, I wdon't listen to any of them, however since the genre is
mostly partisan bloviating with minimal fact ( which many don't
recognize ), what's the point ?

If the audience wants to listen to hosts or callers throwing out all
sorts of opinions and other nastiness, they can have it. It takes more
time and effort to find out what's really going on by checking a
variety of known sources and then analysizng oneself, but I find it far
more satisfying than listening to blowhards on the radio.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id