Re: [IRCA] new bill may impact media

This proposal is code for 'the New Radio Moscow'. It promises  'fairness' of
opinion. In the minds of the proposers, that means their viewpoint alla time.
They make Blimpjaw sound rational. His cheaszy shilling for Elites posing as
conservatism isn't nearly so offensive as his bloviating. He's almost as much
an obnoxious tiresome gasbag as the undersigned.

   Whether or not we like his show, many do. Put on some left-wing milksop to
'balance' Flush Gasbag, and you'll hear the sound of a million dials snapping
off the radio. This has been tried before.

 The 'moderator' format in which Mr. Pinko debates Mr. Right-Wing with the
alleged 'talent' standing twixt the two is old cheese, long overipe and it
stinks to boot. No one listens to it.

As for the music, it is that nice blend of the same old thirty songs. Over
and over and over, but at least it's 'safe' in the minds of suits with haircuts
whose bizcards claim they are consultants.

Yesterday's Naples News, www.naplesnews.com, featured a columnist whining
about we unwashed reading anything we wished on the internet at great peril, as
we lack the 'filters' provided by press editors.

 It's not about filters, it's about talk radio and the internet irrevocably
demolishing their deathlock on information. Neither papers nor BigKorpseorate
radio nor their BigGov pals can accept this and now try to cheat the free
market by legislating content under the guise of 'fairness.'

  They strangely believe if they keep repeating the same old drivel that
somehow we'll come 'round. Always helps to pass laws limiting what we can hear by
restricting content a la 'fairness' as well as limiting station choice a la HD.

 Aren't they clever?

 Eastern Bloc nations were clever as well.